Congratulations! You have just purchased the world’s finest frame sliders. These sliders have been designed to offer unsurpassed protection to your motorcycle in the unfortunate event of a crash or tip over.
Important: These Frame Sliders are designed to fit specific engine mounts of your motorcycle. This kit has separate left and right pieces (left and right while sitting on the bike). It is highly recommended that you refer to your service manual before performing this installation. It is also recommended that a non-permanent thread lock compound be used.
Before beginning make sure pinch bolts are tight to prevent engine movement.
1. Remove the left-side frame mount bolt (middle mount – black frame).
2. Install the left adapter bracket (longer spud) with the new 10 x 70mm bolt, rotating it to between the 7 to 10 o’clock position
3. Tighten the engine mount bolt to the factory specifications - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
4. Install the slider on the bracket and tighten fully. (Be sure to use a thread lock)
5. Remove the right side engine mount bolt (forward lower mount).
6. Install the right adapter (shorter spud) using the new 10 x 50mm bolt supplied in this kit. Align the bracket to the 2 o’clock position. You may need to trim the underside of the fairing for clearance.
7. Tighten the engine mount bolt to the factory specifications - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
8. Install the slider on the bracket and tighten fully. (Be sure to use a thread lock)
Included in this kit:
· 1 - 10 x 70mm (left)
· 1 - 10 x 50mm (right)
· 2 - 10 x 50mm (slider to adapter)
(2) Special Adapters
(2) Aluminum bushings (pressed into plastic)
(2) Plastic Frame Sliders
Part No. FS-44