Congratulations! You have just purchased the world’s finest frame sliders. These sliders have been designed to offer unsurpassed protection to your motorcycle in the unfortunate event of a crash or tip over.
Important: Please read all instructions before beginning work! These frame sliders are designed to fit specific engine mounts of your motorcycle. This kit has separate left and right pieces (left and right while sitting on the bike). It is highly recommended that you refer to your service manual for torque values and other pertinent information before performing this installation.
For modification purposes the mid-section fairing piece will need to be removed.
1. Remove the right-side engine mount bolt (higher mount-nearest main frame spar).
2. Install the shorter piece of plastic (the one with the shorter spud) using the bolt supplied in this kit.
3. Tighten the engine mount bolt to the factory specifications - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
4. Remove the left-side engine mount bolt (same location as the right side).
5. Install the longer piece of plastic (the one with the longer spud) using the bolt supplied in this kit. Thread the bolt a few threads BEFORE inserting the plastic into the frame, this will ensure better alignment of the bolt/engine mount.
6. Tighten the engine mount bolt to the factory specifications - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
It is suggested that prior to frame slider installation, visually align the slider by placing the slider in its intended position. Using a pencil, trace a mark on the fairing piece to be modified. Using the applicable tool, trim the fairing portion that must clear the slider.
*NOTE: AT THIS STAGE, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU CUT TOO LITTLE, RATHER THAN TOO MUCH.
Included in this kit:
(2) Flange head bolts
· 10 x 80mm
(2) Aluminum bushings (pressed into plastic)
(2) Plastic Frame Sliders
· Left (longer piece) · Right (shorter piece)
Part No. FS-51x