Congratulations! You have just purchased the world’s finest frame sliders. These sliders have been designed to offer unsurpassed protection to your motorcycle in the unfortunate event of a crash or tip over.
Important: Please read all instructions before beginning work! These frame sliders are designed to fit specific engine mounts of your motorcycle. This kit has separate left and right pieces (left and right while sitting on the bike). It is highly recommended that you refer to your service manual before performing this installation.
Before beginning make sure pinch bolts are tight to prevent engine movement.
1. Remove the right-side engine mount bolt (forward mount).
2. Install the shorter piece of plastic (the one with the aluminum sticking through the back) using the bolt supplied in this kit. *See ‘Fairing Modifications’ below.
3. Tighten the engine mount bolt to the factory specifications - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
4. Remove the left-side frame mount bolt (forward mount).
5. Install the longer piece of plastic (the one with the longer spud) using the bolt supplied in this kit.
6. Tighten the engine mount bolt to the factory specifications - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
It is suggested that you drill a small pilot hole to locate the engine mount. Once you have found the center, use a hole saw and cut a hole approximately 1 7/8” in diameter. Edges can be filed for perfect fit, or inaccuracies in drilling. We have found that placing masking tape on the area helps protect from scratches, cracks, etc.
Included in this kit:
· 10 x 80mm
(2) Aluminum bushings (pressed into plastic)
(2) Plastic Frame Sliders
· Left (longer piece) · Right (shorter piece)
Part No. FS-60x